what is eHAZOP?
eHAZOP is the application of a series of technical examinations and audits to assess hazard potential to personnel and plan of mistaken operation of a system or malfunction of individual components and consequential effects including operator error.
Objectives of a eHAZOP Study are summarised as to-
- Assess and minimise types of potential hazard presented to personnel in the vicinity of electrical installations.
- Provide a critical review of both network design and plant to be installed and assess any limitations and their effects on both operability and security of the overall system.
- Analyse tasks set for operators assess facilities and instructions provided to undertake these tasks and recommend measures to avoid operator error.
eHAZOP is made up of three modules
- SAFAN – Safety Analysis
– Critical analysis of high voltage installation hazards to safeguard equipment and personnel.
- SYSOP – System security and operability
– Systematic review of engineering design to identify possible limitations and lack of flexibility with their consequences to operability and overall security of the system.
- OPTAN – Operator task analysis
– Identifying facilities and skill levels required to carry out the operation in a safe manner during normal and abnormal conditions.
You are using BETA version.Send feedback